The most common natural disaster in the United States is flooding. It is also costly that costs homeowners and insurance companies thousands of dollars. Therefore, it is important to protect your home, even if you do not live in a flood-prone area. The best way to do this is to get flood insurance. Agent Near You LLC, serving clients in Texas, prepared a list of things you should know about this type of insurance:
All You Need to Know About Flood Insurance
- Many people mistakenly believe that flood damage is covered by standard homeowners’ insurance. However, it is not true. If you want to protect your property from flooding, a separate flood insurance policy is needed.
- If you live in a flood-prone area, it is quite likely that your mortgage lender will require you to purchase flood insurance before approving you for a loan.
- There are two ways to buy flood insurance: a private insurance agency or National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) that also provides flood insurance policies.
- It is important to know that your flood insurance will not kick in immediately after you purchase it. In most cases, there is a 30-day waiting period you have to wait after getting a policy.
- Standard flood insurance covers structural damage, such as the electrical and plumbing systems, window blinds and shutters, debris removal, HVAC systems, water heaters, detached garages, the building itself and its structure, etc.
Agent Near You LLC in Texas - The Insurance Agency You Can Trust
If you are a homeowner from the Lone Star State and looking for flood insurance, our insurance agency is ready to help you. Our qualified and knowledgeable agents will find a perfect insurance policy to address your personal needs and preferences. Feel free to visit our office or contact us for more information.